Inspection (Correct care of firefighting suits)
Correct care of firefighting suits
- Visual Inspection: Conduct a thorough visual inspection, look for signs of damage, wear, or contamination, including cuts, tears, abrasions, burns, or chemical residues.
- Hardware Inspection: Check all hardware components, such as buckles, straps, and zippers, for proper functionality. Ensure they are securely fastened and in good condition.
- Reflective Trim: Examine the reflective trim for any signs of damage, peeling, or fading. Properly functioning reflective trim is crucial for visibility in low-light conditions.
- Seams and Stitching: Inspect seams and stitching for loose threads, fraying, or separation. Pay special attention to high-stress areas where damage is more likely to occur.
Conduct inspection twice a year or whenever routine inspections indicate that a problem may exist.
- Moisture barrier and seam sealing integrity
- Fit and jackets/pants overlap
- Seam integrity including broken or missing stitches
- Loss or shifting of thermal liner material
- Wristlet integrity and functionality
- Reflective trim and Velcro integrity, attachment and functionality
- Liner attachment systemsClosure system functionality
- Material integrity for loss of strength due to UV or chemical exposure